If you want people to write about you in the media, you need to make it an easy job for them. Electronic Press Kits (or EPKs) are a ‘one stop shop’ promotional package containing every item that a blogger, journalist, promoter or venue needs if they want information about you.
It should contain:
- Biography in Word and PDF format.
- Photos. High and low res, colour and black and white.
- Video. Links to YouTube/Vimeo could be in a separate text document rather than actual video files. Include any interview videos if you have online.
- Music. Links to your Soundcloud. It may be worth offering unlisted ‘downloadable’ private links to some of your music if someone wants to host a track on their site.
- Logos and banners
You could even include:
- Backline requirements/stage plans
View original post 101 more words